Welcome to the EMRRFSA
Thanks for visiting the Electromagnetic Radiation Research Foundation of South Africa (EMRRFSA)
Click here to view our facebook page
Pick of the week
Cell Phone, GSM Wireless Radiation Boosts Cancer Rates in Animals
The U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP) is expected to issue a public announcement that cell phone radiation presents a cancer risk for humans. The move comes soon after its recently completed study showed statistically significant increases in cancer among rats that had been exposed to GSM or CDMA signals for two-years.
Discussions are currently underway among federal agencies on how to inform the public about the new findings. NTP senior managers believe that these results should be released as soon as possible because just about everyone is exposed to wireless radiation all the time and therefore everyone is potentially at risk.
Click here to continue reading
Mobile phones and children’s health: Experts call for retraction of a biased scientific paper
The International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) is a self-appointed body that sets the safety guidelines used by the World Health Organisation to cover all radiation from electrical and electronic apparatus, including power lines, smartphones, wifi, and telecoms masts.
ICNIRP is currently meeting in Cape Town to decide, among other things, whether there is any evidence that children are at higher risk from this radiation. ICNIRP has not revised its radiation safety guidelines since 1998, completely ignoring the vast proliferation of wireless technologies since then, including the widespread use of mobile phones by children.
Click here to continue reading
France Passes New National Law!
- WIFI Banned in Nursery Schools.
- National Radiofrequency Agency Established
- Cell Phones Labeled with SAR Values and Ways to Lower Radiation
- WiFi Routers Turned Off in Elementary Schools Except When Needed
- Cell Phone Ads Must Recommend Phones be Held Away From the Head
- Location of Wireless Routers Must be Posted
- Government Report To Be Prepared on Electro-hypersensitivity
Download link: france_passes_new_national_law.pdf
The BabySafe Project is a new, public awareness initiative designed to inform women about the risks of wireless radiation in pregnancy and offers 10 ways to reduce wireless exposure – including sleeping as far away as possible from wireless Smart Meters (better still: get them removed).
The BabySafe Project focuses on the threat to pregnant mothers and their unborn. Their “Joint Statement on Pregnancy and Wireless Radiation” was signed off on by 44 physicians and scientists from 13 nations, and by 13 educators who have studied wireless radiation health effects. Most importantly they have outlined 10 ways to reduce wireless exposure.
Visit their website to find out more.
Health and Electromagnetic Radiation Research Survey.
Leading Scientists interested in the field of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) have developed an online questionnaire to investigate the possible health implications of exposure to EMR. To find out more visit our Health Questionnaires Page or follow this link to go directly to the survey - EMRRFSA Health Research Survey
Click here to view our health alert
Pick of the Week
Cell Phone/Tower Radiation Hazards and Solutions
Click here to read more
What other governments have done to protect their citizens
Click here to read more.
Do we know what we are doing to our environment?
Click here to read more
Support the EMRRFSA
Click here if you wish to make a donation to the foundation
We are affiliated with the EM Radiation Research Trust in the UK.
We are affiliated with the International EMF Alliance
We are affiliated with the Cellular phone Task force
The EMRRFSA Foundation Research and Precautionary Principle is supported by Strilli Oppenheimer, well recognised as a supporter of conservation.
The Diamond Route is a massive national project which focuses on linking the conservation properties of the Oppenheimer family and De Beers. These properties conserve vast conservation areas and provide a safe haven for a wide variety of unique, rare and ecologically important plants and wildlife and provide endless photographic opportunities. These properties are open to the public who are encouraged to explore this wealth of tourism opportunities.
Please visit the website www.diamondroute.co.za or contact Duncan MacFadyen, Manager of Research and Conservation: E. Oppenheimer & Son on Duncan.MacFadyen@eoson.co.za
Tel (011) 326 0015
Enter your e-mail address below to sign-up for updates and be on our mailing list
Protection tips for you and your children
1) Children should only use cell phones in the event of an emergency (Russia recommends no under 18’s and the UK recommends no U16’s)
2) Do not place a mobile phone on your body or against your head whilst it is switched on
3) Use your cell phone on loud speaker away from your head
4) Do not use a mobile phone in enclosed metal spaces such as trains, vehicles or elevators
5) Pregnant women should highly restrict their use of cell phones and not work in Wi-Fi environments.
6) Use a wired ADSL line for internet instead of Wi-Fi/ WiMax. Do not use routers to broadcast the signal throughout your home. Plug directly in.
7) Avoid Wi-Fi hotspots, especially when accompanied by children
8) Avoid DECT phones (portable), baby monitors and standing near microwave ovens when in use.
9) Avoid choosing a home near cell /broadband masts, electric pylons and sub stations.
10) Do not have your cell phone next to your bed. Switch it off at night or place it in another room/ passage.
11) Holiday in non-Wi-Fi hotels and hotels that do not have cell antennae on the roof or near the resort.
12) Ensure your child’s school does not have Wi-Fi or a cell mast. Hardwired internet through ADSL is the safer option (with no routers in the classroom).
13) Children should have limited time on game consoles. Select consoles that come with wired controllers over wireless controllers.
14) Do not sign on for wireless telephone systems. Insist on a cabled landline.
15) Do not buy compact fluorescent bulbs as they emit high frequency transients – keep using incandescent or buy CLEDs.
16) Do not agree to a cell/ Broadband mast on or near your property.
17) Never complain about the poor reception on your cell phone