Welcome to the EMRRFSA
Thanks for visiting the Electromagnetic Radiation Research Foundation of South Africa (EMRRFSA)
Click here to view our facebook page
Click here to view our health alert
Pick of the Week
BIOINITIATIVE PRESS RELEASE - The latest report of scientific studies on the health impacts of Electromagnetic Radiation.
Click here to read more
What other governments have done to protect their citizens
Click here to read more.
Do we know what we are doing to our environment?
Click here to read more
Support the EMRRFSA
Click here if you wish to make a donation to the foundation
We are affiliated with the EM Radiation Research Trust in the UK.
We are affiliated with the International EMF Alliance
We are affiliated with the Cellular phone Task force
The EMRRFSA Foundation Research and Precautionary Principle is supported by Strilli Oppenheimer, well recognised as a supporter of conservation.
The Diamond Route is a massive national project which focuses on linking the conservation properties of the Oppenheimer family and De Beers. These properties conserve vast conservation areas and provide a safe haven for a wide variety of unique, rare and ecologically important plants and wildlife and provide endless photographic opportunities. These properties are open to the public who are encouraged to explore this wealth of tourism opportunities.
Please visit the website www.diamondroute.co.za or contact Duncan MacFadyen, Manager of Research and Conservation: E. Oppenheimer & Son on Duncan.MacFadyen@eoson.co.za
Tel (011) 467 1408
Fax (011) 467 1594
Enter your e-mail address below to sign-up for updates and be on our mailing list
Click here to subscribe to our RSS Feeds
Protection tips for you and your children
1) Children should only use cell phones in the event of an emergency (Russia recommends no under 18’s and the UK recommends no U16’s)
2) Do not place a mobile phone on your body or against your head whilst it is switched on
3) Use your cell phone on loud speaker away from your head
4) Do not use a mobile phone in enclosed metal spaces such as trains, vehicles or elevators
5) Pregnant women should highly restrict their use of cell phones and not work in Wi-Fi environments.
6) Use a wired ADSL line for internet instead of Wi-Fi/ WiMax. Do not use routers to broadcast the signal throughout your home. Plug directly in.
7) Avoid Wi-Fi hotspots, especially when accompanied by children
8) Avoid DECT phones (portable), baby monitors and standing near microwave ovens when in use.
9) Avoid choosing a home near cell /broadband masts, electric pylons and sub stations.
10) Do not have your cell phone next to your bed. Switch it off at night or place it in another room/ passage.
11) Holiday in non-Wi-Fi hotels and hotels that do not have cell antennae on the roof or near the resort.
12) Ensure your child’s school does not have Wi-Fi or a cell mast. Hardwired internet through ADSL is the safer option (with no routers in the classroom).
13) Children should have limited time on game consoles. Select consoles that come with wired controllers over wireless controllers.
14) Do not sign on for wireless telephone systems. Insist on a cabled landline.
15) Do not buy compact fluorescent bulbs as they emit high frequency transients – keep using incandescent or buy CLEDs.
16) Do not agree to a cell/ Broadband mast on or near your property.
17) Never complain about the poor reception on your cell phone